Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Calif. State Capitol Building

This acrylic on stretched canvas measures 36"X48" and is one of two paintings that I have in a "Sunrise/ Sunset" show at the Elliot Fouts Gallery here in Sacramento. I titled this one "Capitol Morning". Here are the progressive photos I took as I "built" the Capitol. Now here is the funny part. The Fouts Gallery does this show in January every year and remember that it is called the "Sunrise/Sunset Show". I figured that I'd make a big splash and enter this large "Capitol Morning" canvas, and that would be it..one largie counts for two smallies...right?...wrong! When I delivered the canvas to the gallery, Elliot asked, "Where's your sunset painting?" Fortunately I had one that was slated for a two man show I'm in next month. I post it here. So now I have my sunrise and sunset painting...the only problem being that one measures 36"X48" and the other 6"X12". A tad extreme is size differential, but the good news is that the wee one here has already sold.

14 comments:

masmoulin said...

A beautiful work !
And happy 2010

Lauren Maurer said...

I love to see the process- These look great! I love your skyscapes!

dominique eichi said...

WOw I just love your Wee one. But you are such a talented painter. I appreciate each post you make. Blessings for 2010

David Lobenberg said...

Masmoulin, Happy 2010 back from across the "pond"!
Viva France!

David Lobenberg said...

Lauren, When I was in high school I was an official amateur weather observer. I know the scientific names of clouds and indeed love painting them. The clouds in my painting are stratus.

David Lobenberg said...

Thank you Dominique, and happy 2010 back to you in San Diego.

Barbara Muir said...

Good for you! I can understand why they wanted as many paintings as possible from you. Your work is superb!

Take care,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was at Elliot Fouts Gallery today and saw these two along with your other paintings on display there - they look GREAT!!

Gail Jones

Ann Rogers said...

Both are fantastic and thanks for posting the progression of the capitol, fun to see! Congratulations on the sale!

David Lobenberg said...

Thank you Ann.

Nancy Goldman said...

It's nice to see the work in progress. You are inspiring me to try some more acrylics although I find it to be a frustrating medium.

David Lobenberg said...

Hi, Nancy. Yep, acrylic takes some getting use to.

Mike said...

Way to go on these two, Dave. I LOVE that little one! Makes me jealous!! ;-)

David Lobenberg said...

You are in good company, Mike...that little one sold immediately.