Friday, January 3, 2014

Watercolor Portrait Sequences








 These are two 11X15 inch watercolor studies on 140 lb. Arches cold press painted from a reference photo of one of my Sacramento City College students. I had no specific plan in mind except to play and keep the portrait as bold and lively as possible. I sometimes will take off paint and put paint back on again. I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser most of the time for that purpose. I do not mix more than two or three colors together for a wash, and I make sure that I keep my over all value contrast strong. The greeny study shows some nice dry brush strokes in his glasses. Parts of the studies were done with nice juicy wet-on-dry washes and others with juicy wet-on-wet washes. If you have any questions or remarks, I will be happy to address them..




No comments: